About Me

My photo
Maine, United States
Just a Mom from the beautiful state of Maine...I have two beautiful children who are my lifes true passion, my son Isaiah is 7 and he has Autism. My daughter Brianna is 13...going on 20! =O) Besides being a mom I am greatly inspired by the shabby chic style....I am new to blogging and I recently opened an online boutique Fabulously Shabby. I sell 'Romantic Home Decor & Chic Feminine Gifts', including some vintage pretties. I just love and admire all the beautiful blogs @}~~ They are so inspiring to me, I hope my blog becomes a beautiful one that can inspire others =O)

Please Visit My Boutique, Fabulously Shabby! @}~~

Please Visit My Boutique, Fabulously Shabby! @}~~
Romantic Home Decor & Chic Feminine Gifts

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My Grandmother

I've been away for a couple of weeks. My Grandmother passed away on April 2nd, so as you can imagine updating my store and writing blogs was the furthest thing from my mind. Today is the first day I have done anything online since she became sick at the end of March. In the next few days I am going to try to do some updating & adding pretties to my store. I am in dire need to add some flea market finds as well! I hope to get out there hunting this weekend!
I spoke at my Grams funeral and read a eulogy that I had written as soon as I found out she passed. I never speak in public but I felt deeply in my heart that I wanted to honor her and all that she has done for me threw out my life. I wanted to share a couple of old photos but it seems my scanner isn't working at all at the moment (thanks kids!). Luckily I had this one on my computer already. I choose a couple photos of ruby colored roses from flickr to add to this entry because my grandmother always wore her ruby jewelry, this was her color for sure. She also always had red rose decor around her house ever since I can remember.

My Grandmother was an amazing lady, she is deeply loved and will forever be missed. @}~~

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry. It is very difficult when those we love pass away. I know all the old adages that go around, but they are all really empty when you are in pain. Just know that you will be in our prayers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your support & prayers Kelly. They are greatly appreciated. @}~~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete