About Me

My photo
Maine, United States
Just a Mom from the beautiful state of Maine...I have two beautiful children who are my lifes true passion, my son Isaiah is 7 and he has Autism. My daughter Brianna is 13...going on 20! =O) Besides being a mom I am greatly inspired by the shabby chic style....I am new to blogging and I recently opened an online boutique Fabulously Shabby. I sell 'Romantic Home Decor & Chic Feminine Gifts', including some vintage pretties. I just love and admire all the beautiful blogs @}~~ They are so inspiring to me, I hope my blog becomes a beautiful one that can inspire others =O)

Please Visit My Boutique, Fabulously Shabby! @}~~

Please Visit My Boutique, Fabulously Shabby! @}~~
Romantic Home Decor & Chic Feminine Gifts

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Painted Pretty; Shelf Makeover

I love to paint items and give them a fresh new look. On a recent shopping trip I saw this poor...uh-hmmm, ugly shelf at the store on a clearance table. Well of course it was on clearance who would want that hanging on their wall?!? Well I know that I wouldn't anyway...
I saw beyond the ugly black dots for eyes that this poor cherub needed a better life. I hope that I have accomplished that...by simply applying a couple of coats of pretty pale pink paint.
You can still see slight cracking which gives it a charming touch of shabbiness. This pretty pink cherub/angel shelf is now available in my store!! It is a chunky shelf and larger then it may appear in the photos. (measurements are provided in my store)
I hope someone falls in love with her and gives her a fabulous home =O)
Have A Wonderful Day! ~Sarah @}~~

1 comment:

  1. I love what you did with the shelf!! I need more pink in my house. But, with 4 guys and only 3 girls... we are a bit outnumbered. That's ok. I am up later than everybody else and I can be sneaky!! :) I always forget about painting shelves!! It is so obvious, but sometimes the obvious evades me. That is just beautiful!! What a great job you did!!! :)

    ReplyDelete