About Me

My photo
Maine, United States
Just a Mom from the beautiful state of Maine...I have two beautiful children who are my lifes true passion, my son Isaiah is 7 and he has Autism. My daughter Brianna is 13...going on 20! =O) Besides being a mom I am greatly inspired by the shabby chic style....I am new to blogging and I recently opened an online boutique Fabulously Shabby. I sell 'Romantic Home Decor & Chic Feminine Gifts', including some vintage pretties. I just love and admire all the beautiful blogs @}~~ They are so inspiring to me, I hope my blog becomes a beautiful one that can inspire others =O)

Please Visit My Boutique, Fabulously Shabby! @}~~

Please Visit My Boutique, Fabulously Shabby! @}~~
Romantic Home Decor & Chic Feminine Gifts

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Changing Seasons, Updating Decor

I'm very sorry that I have been away for so long, sometimes everyday life and living gets in the way of the fun things, like blogging. That's what happened to me! My blogging and store have been on the back burner, but I'm back!!
We barely had a summer here in Maine this year. We had maybe a month of nice weather all together! Summer is not my favorite time of year but transitioning into fall isn't feeling quite natural either after having virtually no summertime! It's strange, September FLEW by and it took me a while to believe that it truely is October!

My favorite time of year is upon us! Fall is beautiful here in Maine! The weather and temperture are close to feeling perfect! Along with being my favorite time of year it also gets really busy for me. I try to start Christmas shopping early, to beat the holiday rush of course! Also in November, right around Thanksgiving is my Daughters Birthday. Then Thanksgiving a week later. Then Christmas a month later. New Years of course. Then the 10th of January is my Son's Birthday! YIKES...crazy huh?
I wanted to share a little decorating idea that I use to help me transition my home decor along with the Holidays and/or Seasonal changes. This is a simple and very inexpensive idea that I have been doing for almost a year now. When it's time to put up new decor for the upcoming Holiday or Season, I start by going online and simply doing a search for graphics. Today I used google and searched 'Vintage Halloween Graphics'. I always use the vintage graphics because I feel they go best with the "shabby chic" style of decor in my house. I save several that I like to my computer and simply print them out. Then as I put out my Halloween decorations, I will take my 'Vintage Summer Graphics' out of my frames and put my new Halloween images into them! It's simple because you don't have to (unless you want to of course!), move around your frame(s) if they have a special spot, your simply updating the look.

After Halloween I'll print out some Thanksgiving images, then Christmas etc. Or if it's not a busy Holiday season, such as what we have coming up, then you can just try vintage graphics for the entire season instead, for instance instead of "Vintage July 4th Graphics", search "Vintage Summer Graphics". Or, "Vintage Winter Graphics", instead of a specific Holiday.

I wanted to share a few that I like!! These free Vintage Halloween Graphics were found on various free sites and are images that I will be using around my house for Halloween!


(Images are a result of google image search. I do not own them or their rights.)

2 comments:

  1. These are cuties! You have been busy! And looks like you be more busy! Glad you are back here though!
    Thanks for sharing them!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah!
    I think we have alot in common! Both love shabby n pink things, I'm a single mum too, and I also have a little boy with autism as do you!

    You have such a lovely little boutique & blog! Thanks for entering the giveaway : )

    Sheryn xox

    ReplyDelete